Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Back but it's different this time.

The story of us...



      It seems so funny that just a few short months ago I was crying my eyes out for someone who didn't want me, respect me, or even care for me. Not to mention that my daughter wasn't getting the love or respect she deserved from her own father. This has all changed in a matter of two months.

      Two months is all it took. Technically I was in the 'anger' and 'acceptance' stage long ago but for the last two months, I have been taken by someone. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally as well. Dare I say it -- I have found love. and the real kind of love, not the "oh yeah we had a baby together so I should force myself to be with you, although you hate me and want to see me in pain type love." This is something real - it feels different. Truth be told, we can sit on the couch or do everything and anything and I feel like I'm complete with him.

      The best part is -- Hadley adores him. Yes, I let my daughter meet a man that isn't her father, yes I'm totally fine with it and YES you can keep those comments to yourself because in all honesty -- I don't give a damn what anyone thinks. Everyone kept their mouths shut when my ex would yell and scream at me in front of her, and now that I've found someone that actually enjoys being around us, I don't want to hear a damn word about it.

      I literally skip a heartbeat and have to catch my breath to just even be in the same room as him. I love it.

    I almost lost it though... During the divorce my ex would threaten to call him and make stories up and tell him things to keep him out of the picture, I told him that I didn't want that life for him and that we should just be friends - that lasted for a whole six hours flat. Like I said earlier, I can't stand being away from this man. He brought out the best in me during those dark days, and helped me realize how strong I really am with him at my side. Never in front or behind, but at my side... I don't even know what that's like. I was always put down and told horrible nasty mean things and now this new light is here and it's like an 'Owl City' song that keeps replaying in my head.
"You reached down out of nowhere
and picked my heart up off the floor
you put my life back together 
and I'm not broken anymore."

You can listen to the full song on his YouTube HERE

    

  So yes, officially divorced, officially happy and officially in love. We are all set to go to the apple orchard this weekend on Saturday afternoon when he gets done from work so I will be sure to post lots of photos. Basically guys; this Wendy-girl found her never-boy. His name is Adam and he's taught me how to fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment